Java developer in games
Smart Hire IT Nordics
“I think Android application developers are magical.
They’re like open sorcerers.”
Are you a Java mage looking for a challenge?
Are you willing to use your skills to benefit millions of players?
Are you ready to live and breathe games?
Perfect. Because we’ve got the right job for you!
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes, and you could be the next one to help our client to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players around the globe.
You will be part of a multicultural and enthusiastic team taking on complex challenges, and using the latest tech to build intricate, high-scale real-time systems.
Expect close collaboration with other parts of the business as well as you will also support the marketing activities for their popular games!
Enjoy on the go! and let yourself be pampered by their impressive and playful office which will surely ignite your creativity. All within a challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the quality of what the team creates, helping to establish good practices.
- Weight in on technical decisions, facilitating decision making and contributing to the department technology.
- Help the team grow, both in number, supporting the hiring process, and personally, mentoring team members into clean code and quality mindset.
- Design, architect and help implement features required to have healthy tools.
- Deliver code and supporting documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible.
- Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter.
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team.
- Ensure our systems perform, and are reliable, scalable and secure.
Skills & experience:
Your previous solid programming experience and dedication to quality technology are as valued as your willingness to share great ideas with your colleagues. Are you passionate? Are you a creative team player?
We hope that you will:
- Have strong Computer Science fundamentals, Design Patterns and Object Oriented knowledge.
- Are fluent in modern Java, experienced in databases and web development in general.
- Are proficient in web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code, care about it and are willing to further improve your practices.
- Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly.
- Are a team player, have good communication skills and can easily work with new people.
- Are used to shell scripting and UNIX environments.
- Are an engineer and not scared of SOLID, TDD or other acronyms.
- Are a team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Strive to be a genius in your area of expertise.
Bonus points if you:
Are used to TDD.
Have knowledge of GCP.
If this sounds exciting to you and you would like to take up your next challenge, please contact me!