Java Developers – all levels
Smart Hire IT Nordics
About the role:
We are looking for Java Backend Developers on a senior level OR wanting to be senior”
Your place within the team
Building complex, scalable systems, working closely with stakeholders of the business and making our popular products even more popular. You will display a strong practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to be successful.
In this role, you will:
• Take responsibility for the quality of what the team creates, helping to establish good practices.
• Weight in on technical decisions, facilitating decision making and contributing to the department technology.
• Help the team grow, both in number, supporting the hiring process, and personally, mentoring team members into clean code and quality mindset.
• Design, architect and help implement features required to have healthy tools
• Deliver code and supporting documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
• Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible
• Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
• Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
• Ensure our systems perform, and are reliable, scalable and secure.
We’re looking for someone who:
• strong Computer Science fundamentals, Design Patterns and Object-Oriented knowledge
• Experienced in modern Java, experienced in databases and web development in general.
• In-depth knowledge of in web protocols, application servers and web servers.
• Writes high-quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
• Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly
• Is a team player, has good communication skills and can easily work with new people
• Is experienced in shell scripting and UNIX environments.
• Is an engineer and not scared of SOLID, TDD or other acronyms.
• Strives to be a genius in their area of expertise.
• Test driven development
• Cloud / GCP